Mens Health Center
See Below for:
Wellness Plan |
Pharmacist Recommendations |
Related Health Concerns | Additional Information
General Health Information
Nutrition and heredity (or genetics) are probably the two most influential factors governing health and longevity in men. Other aspects of lifestyle, such as work, activity, exercise, stress levels, and chemical exposure, are also important to men?s health as well.
Many dietary factors are known to have protective benefits, enhance energy and promote optimal overall health in men. Most men need to eat more high nutrient density foods such as fruits and vegetables, reduce fat, and increase fiber intake. In addition, men should take high quality dietary supplements for further protection from illness and deficiency symptoms. It is well known that many adult chronic, degenerative diseases result from regular overeating and from choosing the wrong foods, such as those high in fat, sugar, and refined substances. At the same time, too little of the wholesome, nutritious foods may contribute to suppressed immunity, increased infection rates, and DNA breakdown. It is important that men find the right balance in diet and lifestyle.
There are numerous differences between the genders with regards to nutrition. Men typically need more magnesium, B vitamins, and less iron than women. Men also need more calories and protein to support their generally larger size and often-higher activity levels. Nutrients such as vitamins A, C, and E, zinc, essential fatty acids, and moderate cholesterol (or plant sterol) intake are necessary for healthy thyroid, adrenal, immune, and sexual function in men. By eating healthily, exercising regularly, and supplementing certain key nutrients, men can be more active, have more energy, enjoy sex lifelong, and successfully adjust to the often stressful world in which we live.
- Regular exercise
- Healthy diet
- Stress management
- Pharmacist’s Supplement Recommendations:
- Vitamins and Minerals - especially vitamins A, C, and E, B-complex, pantothenic acid, zinc, manganese, magnesium, and selenium
- Herbs and Phytonutrients - ginkgo biloba, Siberian ginseng, saw palmetto, pygeum, shiitake, stinging nettle, pumpkin seed
- Antioxidants - coenzyme Q10, vitamin E, grape seed extract
- Essential Fatty Acids - DHA and GLA especially
- Amino Acids - all are important but especially glycine, alanine, and glutamic acid
These products are recommended by licensed pharmacists who have specialized in natural medicines and dietary supplements. For maximum benefit from these recommendations, be sure to read the Wellness Center Guidelines.
||Men's Extra $44.17
By adding additional key herbals such as saw palmetto, zinc, and ginseng to a foundation of daily nutrients including multivitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, men can get the extra assurance of total health coverage. Men's Extra contains many nutrients, herbs, and phytonutrients blended specifically for men and their special needs. Some of the many ingredients in this male formula include:
- Bee Pollen and Shiitake - known to enhance immunity and increase energy
- Saw Palmetto, Pygeum, Stinging Nettles - produce favorable benefits to the male reproductive system, especially the prostate
- Soy protein - phytonutrient well known for its many benefits including promoting cardiovascular health
- B-complex vitamins - helpful for dealing with stress and insuring energy production
- Zinc, Manganese, Selenium - trace minerals needed in higher amounts in men
- Ginkgo Biloba - herb that promotes healthy circulation to vital organs such as the brain and reproductive system
- Siberian Ginseng - Asian herb known for promoting stamina and endurance
||Essentials Performance Formula $27.72
To ensure good health, men need to supplement daily with a high quality vitamin and mineral supplement that includes B-vitamins for stress. With a man’s stressful work life, where it is often next to impossible to eat a balanced diet daily, a multivitamin and mineral supplement is insurance for his continued good health throughout life. Essentials Performance Formula is a convenient 3 per day vitamin and mineral supplement which covers all the basics of sound nutrition and health.
||Amino Acids Formula $21.95
This important nutritional supplement provides a complete blend of the 20 amino acids needed by the body every day. Amino acids are the building blocks of all proteins and are critical nutrients to all body systems, especially the muscle, organs, and tissues. Amino Acids Formula contains only amino acids in their “free form” which facilitates maximum absorption by the intestines.
||AntiOxidant Essentials $25.25
Antioxidants help protect the body from the damaging effects of free radicals. Free radicals damage our DNA and our cell membranes, and are a factor in maintaining good health as well as in aging. Free radicals are often caused by environmental toxins, stress, tobacco smoke, and ozone. Antioxidants are free radical scavengers which neutralize the damaging effects of these free radicals. Since free radicals are an unavoidable part of daily life, antioxidants are necessary to guard against their damage to men’s health.
||Omega Max $18.43
Essential fatty acids are called “essential” because every living cell in our body needs a daily supply of them. Essential fatty acids must be taken in from an outside source in our diet or as a supplement. They are the “good fats” that are necessary for the reproduction of new cells, and also play a part in the body’s many natural biochemical processes. Supplementing daily with essential fatty acids helps men to provide the body with plenty of the essential fatty acids necessary to ensure a healthy life.
Additional Products for Mens Health
||Prostate Health Support
Wellness Centers Related to Mens Health
Additional Information on Mens Health
- Mens Health Statistics in the US - statistics published by the National Center for Health Statistics
- What can exercise do for me? - excellent publications by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- Flexibility - excellent publications by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- Eating Right and Exercise - excellent publication by the National Institute of Health
- Healthy Eating Tips - great reference by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention