See Below for:
Wellness Plan |
Pharmacist Recommendations |
Related Health Concerns | Additional Information
General Health Information
Proper digestion, absorption, and elimination are all part of a healthy digestive system. A healthy digestive system not only ensures that we effectively absorb nutrients from our food, but is also extremely important for healthy immune function.
The digestive process begins primarily in the stomach, and includes the pancreas, the liver, and the biliary system. Here various enzymes and bile acids combine with stomach acids to begin the process of digesting foods and absorbing nutrients. Additional nutrients are then absorbed in the middle and lower intestines. The remains are then passed on to the colon, where toxins and waste are eliminated and fluids are reabsorbed. Without a healthy digestive system our body cannot absorb the maximum nutritional content from foods, leaving us depleted and malnourished. In addition, an unhealthy digestive system can eventually lead to immune problems caused by what is referred to as "leaky gut" syndrome. This occurs when unwanted substances "leak" from the intestines into the body and trigger unhealthy immune reactions.
Proper diet and sufficient exercise when combined with certain nutritional supplements can help ensure a healthy digestive system. It is especially important to support the health and integrity of the intestinal wall and to nourish our "norma flora". Norma flora are the healthy bacteria that live in our intestines that provide many benefits. There are many useful nutritional and herbal supplements that support the intestinal wall and bolster the norma flora including glutamine, acidophilus, bifadophilus, and aloe vera.
- Healthy, well balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and fiber
- Avoid red meats
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol
- Regular exercise
- Drink plenty of liquids
- Pharmacist’s Supplement Recommendations:
- Herbs and Phytonutrients - cat’s claw, aloe vera, beet root, citrus pectin, myyrh gum, gamma oryzanol, fructooligosaccharides
- Amino Acids - glutamine, n-acetyl glucosamine
- Enzymes - pancreatin, papain, pepsin, ox bile, betaine, glutamic acid
- Fiber - both soluble and insoluble
- Probiotics - broad spectrum
- Vitamins and Minerals - all are important, especially vitamin B-12
- Antioxidants - vitamins C & E, selenium, grape seed, l-glutathione, n-acetyl cysteine
- Essential Fatty Acids - omega-3 and omega-6 (GLA)
These products are recommended by licensed pharmacists who have specialized in natural medicines and dietary supplements. For maximum benefit from these recommendations, be sure to read the Wellness Center Guidelines.
||Digestive Enzyme Ultra Support $20.69
Digestive Enzyme Ultra Support provides complete digestive support by supplying several crucial enzymes as well as phytonutrients.
- Pancreatin provides lipase, protease, and amylase which are enzymes naturally produced by the pancreas to help digest fats, proteins, and starches.
- Papain, Ox Bile, and Pepsin further enhance the intestinal digestive properties of pancreatin, while Betaine hydrochloride and Glutamic Acid support stomach digestive function.
- Beet Root, Citrus Pectin, and Myyrh Gum act as natural barriers to the harmful effects of stomach acid
||Intestinal Health Support $44.78
This is a very important supplement for intestinal support. Several crucial nutrients are provided including:
- Glutamine is the major energy source for intestinal cells and carries potentially toxic ammonia to the kidneys for excretion. The intestinal tract uses very large amounts of glutamine during periods of physiological stress such as during surgery or other physical trauma, or when inflammation is a factor in the bowels.
- N-Acetyl Glucosamine provides critical constituents of glycosaminoglycans which form the protective mucous secreted by intestinal cells that line the entire gastrointestinal tract.
- Gamma Oryzanol, Gamma Linoleic Acid, & Fructooligosaccharides combine to give added support especially when stress and inflammation are factors.
||Fiber Blend $19.77
Fiber helps the body flush out unwanted toxins and waste. A diet rich in fiber plus additional fiber supplements helps the whole of the gastrointestinal tract perform at its peak. The efficient removal of waste not only rids the body of these toxic substances, but helps to bring about an increase of energy and vitality.
||Probiotics UltraMAX $35.16
The friendly bacteria that live in our intestinal tract (norma flora) need constant support, considering today’s dietary lifestyles. Healthy norma flora are critical for proper digestion and nutrient absorption. Fructooligosaccharides (FOS), enzymes, and ulmus fulva are added to help “feed” and nurture the intestinal flora combined with an extensive array of high quality, potent bacterial cultures including:
||AntiOxidant Essentials $25.25
Antioxidants are necessary for the protection the body from the formation of free radicals, thus helping to neutralize these damaging compounds. Antioxidants guard us against deterioration of the body as well as the digestive system and its functions. They are especially important in our modern toxic environments. Antioxidants are an important key to staying healthy and vital.
||Essentials Performance Formula $27.72
A high quality complete vitamin and mineral supplement is key to maintaining a healthy digestive system. They provide the body with the building-blocks necessary for the formation of enzymes, stomach and bile acids for maximum digestive function. A proper functioning digestive system ensures us of maximum absorption of nutrients providing us with extra energy and greater sense of well-being.
||Omega Max $18.43
Essential fatty acids are essential for replacing and producing new cells. The lining of the gastrointestinal tract is under constant rapid replacement. So these essential fatty acids are important for a healthy digestive system because they help to ensure a normal replacement and development of the gastrointestinal tract. Optimal condition of the stomach lining and the lining of the gastro-intestinal tract helps us to absorb maximum nutrients from our good foods, thus ensuring a healthy body and a healthy zest for life.
Additional Products for Digestive
|Amino Acids Formula
|Digestive Enzyme Essentials
|Super Greens Plus
Wellness Centers Related to Digestive
Additional Information on Digestive
- Your Digestive System and How It Works -
- Indigestion -
- Smoking and Your Digestive System -
- Overview of Digestive Diseases -