See Below for:
Wellness Plan |
Pharmacist Recommendations |
Related Health Concerns | Additional Information
General Health Information
Vision is a complex process involving not only the eyes, but also the lenses, eyelids, tear ducts, optic nerve, as well as the electrical impulses from the eye to the brain. Taking care of our eyes for good vision is more than just getting our eyes checked; that’s only the beginning. One major contributor to eye problems is a poor diet. A deficiency of vitamins can lead to various eye problems and vision loss. Sometimes underlying diseases, such as diabetes or high blood pressure, cause eye damage and vision impairment. Allergies, lack of sleep, and eye-strain can also affect our eyesight. Even the normal process of aging takes its toll on good vision; when bifocals or even surgery may be necessary. The lenses of the eyes may become clouded due to oxidative damage, which ultimately impairs the vision. Increased pressure within the eyeball, if left unchecked, may even cause blindness.
Our eyes, as well as all of our other body organs, need optimal nutritional support to prevent problems and maintain peak function. Supplementing several key nutrients such as vitamin A and beta carotene, can be very beneficial to eye health and good vision. It is well documented that the antioxidants vitamin E and selenium, along with phytonutrients such as lutein and other carotenoids, help preserve peak visual health. A life-long practice of adequate supplementation, along with a good diet, helps to avoid the eye problems associated with aging and disease.
- Healthy diet with emphasis on fresh fruits and vegetables
- Control underlying problems such as diabetes and high blood pressure
- Yearly eye exams
- Pharmacist’s Supplement Recommendations:
- Herbals - bilberry, ginkgo biloba, eyebright
- Phytonutrients - lutein, lycopene, bioflavonoids, mixed carotenoids, lipoic acid, n-acetylcysteine, and quercetin
- Vitamins and Minerals - especially vitamin A, C, E, B-12, betacarotene, zinc, selenium, and copper
- Essential Fatty Acids
These products are recommended by licensed pharmacists who have specialized in natural medicines and dietary supplements. For maximum benefit from these recommendations, be sure to read the Wellness Center Guidelines.
|Vision Health Support $20.69
Vision Health Support is a comprehensive eye health formula designed from the latest research. This formula provides significant quantities of the most important nutrients and antioxidants known to help protect our vision including:
- Copper, Zinc and Selenium
- Mixed Carotenoids such as lutein, zeaxanthin, and cryptoxanthin are specific carotenoids that naturally occur in the macula of the eye and are integral components of the macular pigment. They protect the retina against the damaging effects of blue light and free radicals.
- Bilberry contains compounds called anthocyanosides which fight free radicals, support the collagenous structure of the eye, and protects the macula.
- Eyebright improves microcirculation to the retina.
|AntiOxidant Essentials $25.25
Antioxidants are a group of vitamins and minerals that help protect the body from the damaging effects of free radicals. Free radicals are a factor in degenerative diseases as well as the aging process. Antioxidants help to guard us against oxidative damage to the lenses of eye as we age. Good eyesight allows us to enjoy the golden years of our life more fully.
|Essentials Performance Formula $27.72
Supplementation with a high-quality vitamin and mineral combination, including vitamin A, helps to prevent and correct eye trouble. Vitamins and minerals provide the body with the building-blocks necessary for proper function of all of our body’s organs and processes, including those of the eyes and vision. Healthy eyes helps to ensure good vision, even as we age.
|Omega Max $18.43
Essential fatty acids (EFAs) must be supplemented in the diet, and that’s what makes them “essential.” Our body needs them to perform all of its complex functions properly. These fats are the right kind of fats necessary for healthy eyes and a healthy body. Healthy eyes helps to ensure good vision, one of our most precious five senses.
Additional Products for Vision
|Vitamin A & D
|Vitamin E 400IU
|Buffered Vitamin C Powder
|Citrus Bioflavonoid Complex
|Alpha Lipoic Acid
|Ginkgo Biloba / 100caps
|Pine Bark Extract
Wellness Centers Related to Vision
Additional Information on Vision
- Frequently Asked Questions About Low Vision - information provides by the National Eye Institute
- The Visual System - publication by The Eye Institute of the National Institute of Health
- Healthy Eating Tips - information provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention